So many of these type of things are fakes (giant snake in West Va. etc), but from what I understand this one is true.
My jaw is still on the floor.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">MONTGOMERY, Alabama (AP) -- Hogzilla is being made into a horror movie. But the sequel may be even bigger: Meet Monster Pig.
An 11-year-old boy used a pistol to kill a wild hog his father says weighed a staggering 1,051 pounds and measured 9 feet 4, from the tip of its snout to the base of its tail. Think hams as big as car tires.
If the claims are accurate, Jamison Stone's trophy boar would be bigger than Hogzilla, the famed wild hog that grew to seemingly mythical proportions after being killed in South Georgia in 2004.
Hogzilla originally was thought to weigh 1,000 pounds and measure 12 feet long. National Geographic experts who unearthed its remains believe the animal actually weighed about 800 pounds and was 8 feet long.</div></div>
CLICK TO READ MORE...
Officially retired
So many of these type of things are fakes (giant snake in West Va. etc), but from what I understand this one is true.
[img]http://www.lutte-wrestling.com/old-train2.jpg[/img]
I couldn't believe that when I first saw it. But it is supposed to be true. Man that thing is HUGE. I wouldn't want to go after it with a pistol. A tank would be much safer.
_________________________________________________________
HOW'S THAT HOPE AND CHANGE WORKING OUT FOR YA ??????
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PVVikeFan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I couldn't believe that when I first saw it. But it is supposed to be true. Man that thing is HUGE. I wouldn't want to go after it with a pistol. A tank would be much safer. </div></div>
Yeah, I couldn't believe it either .. what amazes me is how big it appears next to the boy. CHRIST. Could you imagine that thing charging you in the forest?
I swear to you:
I think I'd rather be chased by a bear!
[img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/shocked.gif[/img]
Officially retired
He killed it like a man...with a pistol...I admire him...And I was proud of my 160 lb sow That I shot in TX this spring...
"One must strive for perfection to achieve excellence." Don Shula
FRUITHURST, Alabama (AP) -- The huge hog that became known as "Monster Pig" after being hunted and killed by an 11-year-old boy had another name: Fred.
The not-so-wild pig had been raised on an Alabama farm and was sold to the Lost Creek Plantation just four days before it was shot there in a 150-acre fenced area, the animal's former owner said.
Phil Blissitt told The Anniston Star in a story Friday that he bought the 6-week-old pig in December 2004 as a Christmas gift for his wife, Rhonda, and that they sold it after deciding to get rid of all the pigs at their farm.
"I just wanted the truth to be told. That wasn't a wild pig," Rhonda Blissitt said.
Jamison Stone shot the huge hog during what he and his father described as a three-hour chase. They said it was more than 1,000 pounds and 9 feet long; if anything, it looked even bigger in a now-famous photo of the hunter and the hunted. (Watch the boy describe his 'monster' kill )
Mike Stone said in a telephone interview with The Associated Press on Friday that he had been under the impression that the hog was wild, not farm-raised.
Telephone messages left Friday with Eddy Borden, the owner of Lost Creek Plantation, were not immediately returned.
Stone said state wildlife officials told him that it is not unusual for hunting preserves to buy farm-raised hogs and that the hogs are considered feral once they are released.
Stone said he and his son met Blissitt on Friday morning to get more details about the hog. Blissitt said that he had about 15 hogs and decided to sell them for slaughter, but that no one would buy that particular animal because it was too big for slaughter or breeding, Stone said.
Blissitt said that the pig had become a nuisance and that visitors were often frightened by it, Stone said.
"He was nice enough to tell my son that the pig was too big and needed killing," Stone said. "He shook Jamison's hand and said he did not kill the family pet."
The Blissitts said they didn't know the hog that was hunted was Fred until they were contacted by a game warden for the Alabama Department of Wildlife and Freshwater Fisheries. The agency determined that no laws were violated in the hunt.
Phil Blissitt said he became irritated when he learned that some thought the photo of Fred was doctored.
"That was a big hog," he said.
I had just read that in the paper a few minutes ago.
[img]http://www.lutte-wrestling.com/old-train2.jpg[/img]
That is the biggest hog I have ever seen in my life!
RE-ELECT MARK HUTCHINSON SB DISTRICT 1.
DONALD DUCK FOR SB IN DISTRICT 2 & 3. [ALL CANDIDATES ARE WORTHLESS]
RE-ELECT KYLE FLETCHER SB DISTRICT 4
[img]http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n261/aphrodite4evermore/wildcat.jpg[/img]
It was said that the pig was shot several times with a 500 S&W. That is where I am calling bullcrap. There is no eleven year old shooting a gun of that size that many times. If he was standing there with both wrist in cast I would give it some credability.
crack is whack
yeah whoever wrote that has never fired a S&W 500
Need A Penny? Take A Penny...Need 2 Pennies? Get A Job!!!
[img]http://content.clearchannel.com/Photos/sports_photos/College/Football/james-davis-GI.jpg[/img]
Bookmarks